5/27/2008

Condition

I am the President of the United States. My influence is limited. My position is an incredible burden. Am I more than figurehead? I am the Pope. My life is structure. I am a vehicle for the faith of countless believers. Do I have a voice? I am a celebrity. I am lampooned, scrutinised. Image is my life. Actions determine my ascension and downfall. People want me to falter. Am I living for me? I am a war hero; a hero for killing people. My patriotism is never questioned. How will I be remembered?

3 comments:

Luke! said...

If I were ever to need an exemplary paragraph on what it means to be provocative, I'd link them here.

Anonymous said...

If I were ever to need to buy a submarine, I'd link them here http://offshorerisk.com/subbuy.htm

Ok, I'm in two minds. On the one hand I'm like: One paragraph? I waited 6 weeks for one paragraph!? :p But on the other hand, like luke! said it was a very well-written paragraph.

But on the third hand (a clock has three hands) Yay! An update!

Jimzip said...

This was an interesting (and well executed) little read.
To me it came accross as a string of consciousness, perhaps what good old GWB was thinking moments before an important keynote? (Though phonetically I imagine it would sound more like: "Ah ehm the powpe.."... semantics!)

Either way, I'm glad a new entry is up. Don't let another month go by, it's the 'Daley' News, not the 'Monthly' News! :)

Jimzip :D