7/28/2008

Boo :P

It's time for a post I think. Read through some of my older ones and was happy to be amused by them. I like when I like my writing, even after time transpires and I learn new techniques and stuff. It's probably the posts about me and my various activities that I like the most - well, the tone and tangents within them. That kind of stream of conciousness writing is probably the most fun for me. And if that means I have to write about myself for the rest of my life then so be it! :) No, I'm not for serious. But I do think that writing about things close to home helps in other writing endeavours, and therefore, well, I'm sorry but you poor people who (kindly) read this may have to put up with some more for a little.

Does anyone keep a dream journal? It's one of the things I'm supposed to do for my course this semester. I have very zany dreams sometimes, and manage to dream up very random stories, why I haven't used them as a source of inspiration is beyond me. They certainly are emotive enough every now and then. I've been trying to have a "falling" dream for a while now. Used to have them when I was in primary school and I remember the feeling of falling from a cliff - there was very little fear as I plunged down into the unknown. A release, sort of. If I ever made it all the way to the bottom of my fall before waking there would always be a trampoline, which I would bounce exhilaratingly high off of, and then come down and wake up. I'd never get hurt or be scared.

I'm doing scriptwriting this semester (a dedicated unit this time) and I'm very interested to see where it takes me - what I learn about my writing from how I go in it. I've always thought that novels and short stories in print would be my strength, but love the idea that I could become adept at writing scripts too (screen or theatre - but most likely screen. :) plays/musicals would be a tad hard for me to envisage I think). We also learn about pitching and stuff, so if I pick up any handy hints I shall let those talented scripty people who might be interested know.

I'm REALLY interested in that piece I wrote a little while back about the two school kids in Mexico with those wonderfully enigmatic plans for destruction at the moment. My mind keeps going back to it. I think maybe that might have been a wiser choice of story to explore. I'm not giving up though.

Yikes, gotta get ready for uni! I'm supposed to be having the "best parma in Melbourne" tonight with Kiel. I shall be forthcoming with information about whether I tastebud-gasmed or similar. :)

Oh and I MUST write about my 21st next time.

Til then, everyone keep writing!

Dale.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe! Dale you finally posted again :D
Woohoo!

I don't keep a dream journal because I hardly ever remember my dreams.

Don't you hate it when you have those super awesome dreams and you wish they'd keep going but just when the best part comes you wake up?? And you try and force yourself to sleep and keep on dreaming but it never works??

Kyle

Jesicka309 said...

hey dale! wow a dream diary! wa if u dont have dreams though? do u just fail?

i have to do a blog for my uni, except its the most boring blog ever about networking :(

good luck with uni!

Welcome to Creepy Lamingtons: home to a mix of strange stories and articles that hopefully won't leave an unpleasant taste in your mouth. said...

Sometimes the plot twists in my dreams surprise me - which kinda freaks me out because it means my brain is tricking my brain.

Anywho, if you're wanting to write the other story, why not just subtly start the next entry of voyeur with:
Meanwhile in Mexico...
:)

PS. I still want to know what game day is!

Jimzip said...

Hahaha. Luke I like your enthusiasm. I'll second the motion, Game Day!!! Gaaaaame Daaaay! ;)

I keep a dream journal, or, I did... I stopped remembering dreams about two months ago - kinda annoying! Though I did have an interesting one on Wednesday which I wrote down. I find that when I wake up I literally have to force myself to sit and get it onto paper or it's gone five minutes later. (Maybe that's why I think I haven't had any lately.. I should stop resetting my alarm o_O .)
Yay for new entries!

Jimzip :D