10/20/2008

Hollywood

Out of fear of not posting for a month, here's a scence from my short script that has many a lacklustre working title.

*

The video CUTS TO:

INT. KYLE'S BEDROOM, DAY.

Kyle is sitting on his desk chair and leaning forward. He tenses his biceps for a second and laughs.

KYLE (to camera)

So those are two of my exercise tips. I feel like I could lift a horse. Well maybe not a horse. Perhaps a pony. A small baby pony... Good luck to you all in your exercising endeavours. And remember to tell your friends ‘bout me. Catch.


As the video ends the camera zooms into the computer screen and EMERGES WITHIN:


INT. KYLE'S BEDROOM, DAY.

Kyle is sitting silently, staring into space. He shuts down his computer and looks at a photo frame also on his desk. It shows a picture of Kyle with his arm around the shoulder of a younger teenager boy. He sighs.


Kyle gets up and walks over to his wall calendar, where he puts a tick next to “99th video blog” within the 10th square of March. Within the 12th square of March is simply written “One Year”.

2 comments:

Jimzip said...

I'd love to critique... but now I just keep thinking about a guy named Kyle tensing his biceps!

Jimzip :D

Welcome to Creepy Lamingtons: home to a mix of strange stories and articles that hopefully won't leave an unpleasant taste in your mouth. said...

But you're meant to be the title king! Hmm, I quite liked the Realities title. If not that, what about something that could double as the title as well as the title of kyle's Youtube videos? Like: The real Kyle. Or: Kyle's guide to life. Or: Kyle's world. Or: something that doesn't suck as much as those suggestions. So then when someone clicks on the video - it doubles as the title of the film. (If that makes sense?)
PS. Been thinking you should write and post the chapter that reveals what Game Day is - I thought it was clever and not what I expected. Not that I didn't expect it be clever! Meh, you get what I mean. (I also think it inspired Realities.)