5/12/2009

3 days

Wanted to keep track of everything we did in Thailand but my resolve only lasted three days.

Thursday, April 9.
  • Dale had haircut and packed.
  • Mum and Dad drive us to airport.
  • Check-in, customs, duty-free (cameras, booze).
  • Board at 11:00pm, play with tvs, take off!

  • Friday, April 10.
  • Hard to sleep on plane!
  • Long, long flight.
  • Brenton beats (a sleep deprived) Dale at trivia.
  • Arrive Bangkok 5:30am, (8:30am AEST)
  • Buildings/signs confusing.
  • Strange smoking rooms.
  • Dale's bag soaked by exploding Jim Beam bottle.
  • Dale's bag abandoned, Brenton not impressed.
  • Ellie constantly hiccuping.
  • Dale smelling like an alco.
  • Board Phuket flight 7:00am.
  • Crazy lady gets her boob out.
  • Arrive Phuket, Dale buys more Beam.
  • Transfer to hotel scary, driver got close to things.
  • No seatbelts, beautiful scenery, poverty.
  • Arrive Merlin Beach 10:30am.
  • First impressions, fancy, humid.
  • Big bug on floor.
  • Sat down by Thai lady, cold towels to refresh.
  • Ogled pool, greenery, prospect of sleep.
  • Dinner on hill restaurant, overlooking beach
  • Food awesome! (seafood especially)
  • Retired to rooms and slept deeply.

  • Saturday, April 11.
  • Wake at 9:00.
  • Buffet breakfast from heaven - gorged on everything.
  • Collected pool towels and swam.
  • Pool bar - wedges and drinks.
  • Caught shuttle to Patong, people everywhere.
  • Dale hugged by nice-smelling Thai massage lady.
  • Shops!
  • Different beach restaurant for dinner, waves lapping, peaceful.
  • Massive swing, Dale tripped over a rope in the dark.
  • Started a crossword.
  • Hung out in sports bar.
  • Read and slept.

  • Those are the things I chose to write down at the time. It really was my favourite holiday ever! And we did do lots more stuff over the remainder of our time there.

    This is more of a "so I don't forget" blog, sorry if it was boring.

    Stay tuned for my MC=V theory, up next.

    Dale.

    6 comments:

    Welcome to Creepy Lamingtons: home to a mix of strange stories and articles that hopefully won't leave an unpleasant taste in your mouth. said...

    The bullet point nature of it all was quite amusing(and the fact you refer to yourself in third person). :p The thought of dinner by the beach had me jealous. Although I think my favourite (along with boob lady) was: Transfer to hotel scary, driver got close to things. - I think I just like it because I'm picturing the hotel actually being named Hotel Scary.

    Dale said...

    Lol yes, who would call a hotel that? Mr & Mrs Scary? (hehe)

    And I didn't actually see boob lady's boob. I didn't have a good vantage point. Although I don't mind so much that I missed out. :)

    Jimzip said...

    Oh! Fun!

    Man, never been to Thailand, but everyone that goes there just raves about it.

    • James must get act together
    • Visit to Thailand on agenda
    • Don't take Jim Beam in bag

    Jimzip :D

    Paul said...

    You do realise you have made more profile changes than posts this year right?

    Welcome to Creepy Lamingtons: home to a mix of strange stories and articles that hopefully won't leave an unpleasant taste in your mouth. said...

    Wow... I think Paul is right on that! I'll have to start visiting every day just to see the latest in blogger designs.

    As for a latin motto: Draco Dormiens Nunquan Titillandus. (It's from Harry Potter. It means: Never tickle a sleeping dragon. Perhaps you should read the books...)

    Alternatively, I know Carpe Cerevisi (seize the beer).

    Dale said...

    Yeah Thailand is tre cool James, highly reccommend. And I think you would be safe to carry liquor on you, I'm just really clumsy.

    Without that comment Paul I wouldn't have gone looking for and found this layout, so I thank you because I really like it. :)

    Thanks for the latin suggestions Luke, I like the last one a lot, but it's not quite what I'm looking for. Although something humourous could be the go. Not Harry Potter though. :P