7/27/2009

Unreliable Narrator

My name is Harry today. I chose it because it's boring. Boring and plain. Like toast. She never says it but I can tell she always wants me to be more like toast. Let's see what a name can do...

"Harry" didn't go so well. If I were toast like she wanted, then the toaster caught fire and exploded all over everything. Things just happen to me, no matter what my name is or how many times a day I say a curse word. It wasn't my fault that she sent me into one of those fits!

Sometimes I talk so much that I think my mouth might fall off and get all dusty when it hits the carpet. I wish I didn't talk so much... Especially to her.

There's nothing more in this world that I want than to just not be with her... I'd give anything to NOT be with her... She's so ugly and-- and-- undesirable.

(incomplete)

Inspired by Poe's "Tell-tale Heart".

Dale.

8 comments:

Welcome to Creepy Lamingtons: home to a mix of strange stories and articles that hopefully won't leave an unpleasant taste in your mouth. said...

I really liked this (but don't get too cocky - it's only 4 paragraphs) :p. The rhythm and way it flows is cool - it's almost like I can hear the way he'd say those words, if that makes sense. Especially the toast/boring stuff. Do you have an idea of where it'd go from there or where you just writing as it came to you?

Brenton, Paul, what do you two think? Oh yes, I can see you both there, lurking, yet not commenting. Speak now! :p

Unknown said...

That is just a lucky guess Luke. I am not going to be tricked into commenting; my views are never seen as constructive.

Welcome to Creepy Lamingtons: home to a mix of strange stories and articles that hopefully won't leave an unpleasant taste in your mouth. said...

Ok I give up... what does the 'latin' mean? Site of latin significance? See the latin signature?

And Paul, I'm sure Dale sees your views as constructive 99% of the time - I'm usually the one that pokes fun, but that's just cause, well, I'm a dick. :p I'll try to be good in future, promise.

Paul said...

You are by no means a 'dick' Luke.

The tag line is not latin, or if it is supposed to be, then it does not make any sense.

Jimzip said...

lol, oh Dale, you and your template changes. Well now you've gone and done it; the 'Post A Comment' link disappeared completely and only my mousing over the area by chance caused it to become visible! Arg, what a world.

Anyway Paul, I agree with Luke, your views are constructive, and helpful, so no more hiding. :p

As creepy as Tell Tale Heart is though, I enjoyed your post, especially the third paragraph. Great imagery throughout, and nice sudden closure. Survey says: Weird, but fun - 1.844 thumbs up. (The rest of the second thumb is buried under the floorboards...) ;)

Jimzip :D

Nathan said...

Rather than comment on the content of this blog, I'm just going to politely request that you publish a new post soon! :) I may email harass you sometime soon too. Hope all is well.

Love Na.

Luke! said...

Dear Dale,

It has been 3 months.

Sincerely,

Luke. :)

Paul said...

Yes Luke (Henson). Because we know how effective that is...

[Its been proved positive that sarcastic remarks are normally an effective catalyst] - I'm hoping the use square brackets counter balances my now apparent manipulative tactics.