9/30/2007

maybe blogging will help?


Oh foul mood, be gone! Else I shall be drowned in this muddled puddle of feelings.

How to sum up this midsemester break briefly and accurately...
  • I feel I've grown up - Independence of Queensland trip. Refreshing freedom.
  • I feel I've become more confident in myself. My appearance and personality.
  • I feel my character's been put to the test; it's both failed and succeeded.
  • I've realised long-term goals are not my thing.
  • I've realised I think too much, but not often enough about the things I should.
Queensland held fascinating people, a different life, possibility...

Delayed flights prolonged my return, thought that was significant.

Returned to dress formally for the McBrownlow. Rachel was my date. She looked nice, I had plane hair and plane(/plain) attitude. I didn't get one vote. Way to keep employees satisfied. Recognition for 5.30am starts and 2.00am finishes would have been nice.

Afterparty: drunken teens running around feeling each other up inside (literally). Meaningful conversation with Brittany outside. Discussed loves. Unexpected. Danced inside, elbowed a few stumbly teens for fun. Drove two carloads of staggering/depressed/confused people home. Rachel accompanied me. Pleasant conversation. Comfortable companionship. Dropped her off last, she handed back my suit jacket.

Tuesday night Cheers, saw Kangaroos players, bowed to them (inconspicuously), lit the dancefloor on fire with Kate. Minimal drinking too. Guess I don't need liquor to bust moves.

Thursday night - upheaval. From avoiding someone, to the ultimate uneventful confrontation, to abandonment of someone dear for an exciting prospect. Foolish?

Friday, more distance between another dear person. Needed? Wanted?

Saturday, GF and poker. Came second, despite my mind being elsewhere..............

Today: looking at cars instead of focussing on uni woes.

Argh! Sorry if this has been the most frustrating post you've ever had to read.


Dale.

2 comments:

Jesicka309 said...

thats ok dale...thats ok

: : Wendz : : said...

ya its normal