12/12/2006

Intolerance of Intolerance - Pt. 2

I move from one side of the bus to the other, because the side I chose originally was drenched with sunlight. Thankfully the bus is air conditioned. I’m sitting in one of the seats that run along the side of the bus, facing inwards rather than forwards. A girl a bit younger than me is sitting right behind the bus driver, reading something. An older lady is sitting to my right in one of the first forward facing seats; her bag placed before her on the last inward facing seat, three seats along from me. Across from her is another lady who looks like she is from Fiji or some pacific island nation, she smiles at me and I smile back. I notice that the bus driver is a woman also, and that she keeps fiddling with a little fan pointed directly at her face. There are a few other passengers sitting towards the back of the bus, but I don’t pay much attention to them. I’m more concerned about the bus making it to the station in time, and getting my body temperature down from heat stroke level. The bus travels along for a minute or so before slowing down near the High Street Road shops to pick up some more sweaty travellers. A few people jump on the bus. Last of all is an Asian girl who looks about my age. The bus suddenly takes off again before she has time to look for a seat, so she heads towards the nearest one in the direction that her momentum is taking her; the seat next to the older lady with the bag...

4 comments:

: : Wendz : : said...

oh wow...applause for the insight of passengers on a bus,
is there gonna be a part 3? coz it's getting kinda boring...any suspense involved LOL
Cheers
Wendy

Paul said...

Wendy thats just mean! You have to wait for the whole of the story to be told to critique.

: : Wendz : : said...

oops...my bad

Dale said...

Yes Wendy, your bad! I felt I had to set up the story by describing all the people involved first. And thanks for coming to my defence paul. :)