12/11/2006

Intolerance of Intolerance - Pt. 1

Sunday, 42 degrees, and I’m supposed to go meet up with someone in the city. Don’t have a car at my disposal, so I need to catch a bus to the station. The right bus stop is about a 20 minute walk from my house. I have 18 minutes to get there before I’m too late. I step out into the sweltering heat. Straight away a blast of hot air hits me in the face. “This is gonna be fun,” I say to myself. I begin walking quickly, jogging for a little every now and then to make up the 2 minutes. After about 5 minutes I knew my face was red, and my shirt was starting to cling to my body. I pressed on, hoping that a familiar face would drive past, recognise me, and give me a lift to the bus stop. But I had no such luck. I make it to the bus stop with a minute to spare. Relieved, I sit down and feel happy that I don't smell too bad. The bus comes; I validate my ticket, take a seat and look around. Not too many people on the bus. I thought I was in for an uneventful 15 minute trip to the station. Boy was I wrong.

5 comments:

: : Wendz : : said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
: : Wendz : : said...

i thought it was saturday that was the hotter day...not sunday
Correct me if you got your days right
HEHE LOL

Paul said...

So he thinks his a writer :) - lets hope the ending and problematic middle live up to the hype your attempting to create with these first two parts. (BTW did Wendy delete her own message?)

Dale said...

Yes she did. And sunday was 40-something degrees too Wendy. I don't imagine heat. :P

: : Wendz : : said...

oops...my bad again
oh i think i must of skipped a day, coz I seriously don't remember what happened on Sunday, let alone what the weather was like
HEY you're gonna be a writer, that requires imagination too :P
Cheers
Wendy