3/01/2007

Rebirth.

So my blogging has come back to life again. "Big whoop", you say. "Dale contradicts himself all the time". But it has come back for a reason ("what do I care?" - well I'll tell you anyway!). I need to write three times a week for one of my units this semester, and blogging is pretty much the perfect way to get that done easily and quickly for me!

Whilst we're on the topic of uni, I've dropped a unit (film & video, it wasn't worth the effort/cost - basically I would have sucked), which means I only have to go on Mondays and Tuesdays now! It's good I tells ya.

Rushing through this quite a bit, but I don't have much time, Lost is starting very soon!

Here's a story I wrote for 'Writing for Professional Practice'. It had to be 50 words (Mine's like 56... don't tell anyone!)

Petrified, a woman ran hurriedly down a dark, shadowy alley. She looked over her shoulder, desperately hoping she'd escaped. She tripped - her heel caught in a drain. It was over, she was done for. Silence. Confused, she looked back towards her displaced shoe. There she saw her terrifying pursuer... Nibbling at some cheese stuck to the bottom of it.

Yes I tried to be funny, and yes I'm aware that it didn't work very well. But it got a laugh or two. At least I thought it did... I actually had a dream about it the night after, in which some really important person declared it was the best story in the class and that he loved it - that was a good dream. :)

That's all for now. You have more of my creative work to look forward to! How excited you must be! "Excited my ass..." - Oi! None of that thanks! :P

Dale.

7 comments:

Jesicka309 said...

YAY
the blogs back!
*throws a party*
loving the pink btw! really MANLY
course sounds like fun...dont u feel forced 2 be creative tho?
lol have fun
also have fun with curious incident! lol its a cool book...do u have 2 buy another copy?

Anonymous said...

I agree with jesicka
YAY!
The blog's back!
*throws a midget* (he had it coming)
I may not be a really important person (YET!) but I liked your 50+ word story. It was better than I could do. Although, I think I could easily edit it to less than 50 words, so yay, I can be your editor when you're famous.

Dale said...

jess, you throw a party for the return of my blog yet fail to invite the blogger? how rude. :P I think the pink looks groovy. Nah I'm not feeling forced yet as most of the stuff we're doing is novel study. As for CIOFDITNT I'm just borrowing it off mark whenever he doesn't need it!

luke, you throw a midget and don't post video footage on your myspace? how rude. :P I'm glad you liked my story, although I seriously doubt that you couldn't better it! I also liked how you said "when" i'm famous. :)

thanks for the comments you two.

dale.

AdamMac said...

Glad your back and blogging, knew you couldn't stay away from it :P

Anonymous said...

YAY YAY HOORAY :)

Anonymous said...

dale = FUNNY !!

Anonymous said...

ahoy again dale...
hope uni's goin well man, i'l hav 2 come c u one day. n y didnt u transfer there last year lol :P

catch