6/09/2007

And Wah-lah! Pt.2

My McDonalds uniform consists of:
  • Black pants.
  • Black shoes and socks (although I normally cheat on the socks – there’s yet to be a sock inspection to my knowledge).
  • A belt.
  • A short-sleeve, blue, button-up shirt.
  • A cap.
  • And a name badge.
Why am I telling you this? Because it was very, very cold on Thursday night when I had to work. So cold, that the freezer downstairs almost paled by comparison.

‘But Dale, you work inside the store. Surely it must be warm in there.’


True, my perceptive friend. However when you’re working drive thru you have to open the window every time a car comes to cash their order, and every time I did so it was like a blizzard flew in and chilled me to the core. Most of you will know that I don’t have a lot of fat on me; as far as insulation goes I’m not very well equipped. So every time my headset beeped my heart sank and I dreaded every second leading up to the inevitable sliding open of the window and frosty blast of wind to the face.


It was painstakingly busy Thursday night too. Puzzlingly, everyone seemed to be ordering sundaes. Sundaes are THE MOST annoying thing to make. The topping dispensers are temperamental at best, and it’s a given that the poor soul who has to make the sundaes ends up with caramel/chocolate all over their hands. I felt so sorry for the girl at the next window who had to make them all. Sorry, but extremely grateful that it wasn’t me!


It was the last time that I would be working with Simone on Thursday night, too. She’s grown on me I’ll admit. I helped her with her manager’s close (stayed back until 2 despite finishing at 12), and did a few other things to help out everyone else. We blue-toothed each other some songs before we left, and even took a picture together… Which I may or may not have decided to put up. We have a lot more in common than I first thought. And I’m not just saying that because she said I looked really hot on MySpace. :)

Last night I went to Paul’s house, which was good. We watched movies and I tripped down the stairs; all the components of an enjoyable evening. I’m a clumsy oaf by the way. His dogs like me. I like his dogs. Oh and we had Warheads. Paul dipped one of his in his coke to try and make it less sour, but it had the opposite effect and super-soured it. Quite hilarious actually. :)

Dale.

2 comments:

: : Wendz : : said...

My recommendation: GRANDPA THERMALS
hehe, that way u won't have to dread em cold cold cold cold (get the idea yet) drive-thru nites
WARHEADS are awesome, remember saving up 10cents just to go to the milkbar, Oh those were the days.
HAVE FUN
Cheers
Wendy

Jesicka309 said...

hahahaha
i have had a sock inspection..... ever had an soc? (station operations checklist)
they like check ur socks and everything
and THAT is why i always wear dark coloured socks
hehe