6/25/2007

"No good deed goes unpunished" - Paul, 9:13

Being nice is supposed to pay off yeah?

I extend the courtesy of a lift to the movies to Paul, since he has driven me many a-place. Get to Paul’s house but expensively photographed on the way. 8.20pm. Head towards a screening of Ocean’s 13. Perfectly on time. Car suddenly refuses to accelerate, then dies and refuses to start again. Hazard lights on. Walk back to Paul’s house. It’s bitterly cold out. Try to jump-start my car with cables connected to his. Fail. It’s not the battery – the lights still work. Call home. Call RACV. Wait. And wait. Dad arrives. RACV man soon after. Car needs towing. The ignition coil isn’t “switching”. Tow truck arrives. I thank Paul profusely and he goes home. Movieless. Tow truck follows Dad and I home.

If I hadn’t offered Paul a lift…

Dale.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, poor Dale (and Paul). But look at it this way: Dale, not needing to pick up Paul, is racing towards the movies... as he races across an intersection his car suddenly cuts out... and a truck slams into him. Ka-blam! All the ingredients for Dale soup are scattered across the road!

So we should all be very thankful you're nice and decided to give Paul a lift. Here endth the lesson.

PS. Yes, I used round brackets, but who knows what could have happened if I'd used square ones.

~shan said...

You tried to do something good and something bad happened....where's the Karma in that?

Jesicka309 said...

awwww dale! that sounds like a bad day
:(
hope that photograph isnt too expensive and hope the car gets fixed quickly!
luv jess

Paul said...

I think you are all missing the point, i missed my movie and had to sit in a car with no one but dale for a good 2 hours in the cold!

Where is my pitty!

Anonymous said...

Paul, what do you mean where is your pity? Your pity is in my brackets!!! What you're too good for round brackets as well now? :p