12/05/2007

How well do You know You?


I have this perception of myself - of how I like to think that I am. My attributes, qualities, quirks, etc. But how reliable is that view? Isn't it inherently biased? Because if you think of yourself positively, you'll be happier right? Am I ignorant to the real Dale? Do I have glaringly obvious flaws that everyone can see except myself? Or am I somewhat conscious of them but in some kind of beneficial denial? A lot questions, but I think questioning is what could shed some light on the answer.

I'd say I'm a pretty positive person 95% of the time, believing the best about myself and others. But when I learn that I've been hurting the people closest to me, and not even realising it, it shakes me up! It's made me try to step outside of myself and suss out what's going wrong; I've taken off my rose-coloured glasses so to speak. It'll make life less fun in the short run, but however difficult it is, I hope it's ultimately for the best. So far I haven't found anything that I would be able to change, and it may be that I end up not changing anything at all at this point in my life. It might just need to happen by itself.

Whatever.

Bleh.

"Dale"

PS. It's me with my mum's glasses on for those who couldn't see through my brilliant disguise. :)

2 comments:

Jesicka309 said...

woooooooah dale very deep....and circular lol
i know how u feel...ive recently found out certain ppl hate me, and every1 tells me i should know why! but i dont! so im left to figure it out myself...which is difficult wen u didnt know anything was wrong!
*sigh* good luck with ur dramas :p
luv jess

Anonymous said...

Is this because that test said you were the colour yellow? Because I've always thought of you as more of a greeny blue aqua colour if that makes you feel better.

Hmm, sorry to joke about serious stuff... but that's one of my flaws. Hope you sort out your dramas and I'm always around to talk if you wish. (Unless this was all just an elaborate excuse to put up a picture of yourself in your mother's glasses...)