11/29/2007

Prammed Down


There I was minding my own business at Knox food court with Kiel (whilst talking to Kate, Chris & Luke from work/work/school&work) who we'd just bumped into, when SCREECH! CRASH! BANG! A man with a pram runs over my foot! My thong is dislodged and comes to settle in its place on the ground in slow motion. A look of anguish appears on my face and...

Okay maybe that's a little dramatic and a smidge exaggerated. And I may or may not have been sticking my foot back out behind me kinda wildly as a precursor to the event. BUT, the point remains: I was run over by a pram. This is quite an accomplishment I think. Not quite sure that it will serve to help me in any bragging rights but it might be a good one for that "I never..." drinking game. Yeah, I'm set. :)

I wonder if the little baby who was inside will develop a taste for running things down now? Probably not. Although I am thankful the baby didn't rocket out of the pram because of the impact, resulting in someone having to do a desperate lunge-save-catch.

And it was all cool, the man quickly apologised to me and I did the same. At least he didn't pram-hit and run. :P When I turned back to my friends it was a little embarrassing, but hey, what are ya gonna do? Besides stand like a normal person, that is.


Dale... has learned his lesson.

4 comments:

Paul said...

Why was this worth mentioning? And why do you name drop?

Anonymous said...

Lol.

Awww, someone's upset he didn't get his name mentioned! I'd say who but I don't want to name drop...

Anonymous said...

If I had a pram I would run you down with it.

Dale said...

Not all blogs have to meaningful and about religion/cults or whatnot Paul. :P I mean come on - you blogged about fluro clothing! I'm alerting the world to the hidden dangers of prams.

Luke, enjoyable as always. :)

Na... I'm sure you would. However it would be fruitless because I now have an early warning radar system that alerts me to oncoming prams. It's called my peripheral vision lol.

Thanks guys!