12/20/2008

Last Day at School shirts

Off my door handle in my bedroom hang three shirts. One is from primary school, one from my first high school, one from my second. They're the ones signed by my friends with wishes for the future etc. Decided I'd look at them today to see if anyone was incredibly insightful or prophetic or funny. (I'm not going to write everything 'cause that would be boring).

Primary School - Most of these were just "good luck in 2000", but here are a couple of others:

"To Dale, Good Luck xxx Ryan" - the 'xxx' should have been a giveaway.
"Sex on 2000, Kila" - Pretty sure he meant "in" and left out "for himself". :)
"Good luck, go out with babes, Nicole" - another message to do with dating and stuff.
"To Dale, thax for dancing, [heart] Chrissy" - I vaguely remember a square dance...
"To Dale, Thanks for being such a good friend, Kyzar." - Still friends with Kiel today.
"Bart" - Simple, elegant, effective. Although maybe he just wanted my shirt (so he put his name on it).

High School #1 (end of year 9, and only one penis on it!!):

"Hey Dale, Wish you didn't have 2 go to knox but I guess u do! :( Well, I'm gonna miss u HEAPS! No one can giggle like u do! lol! [heart] always, Sahithi!" - That's right, I giggle with the best of them!
"Dale! ...I'll make a deal dun forget me & I'll neva forget chu! Bubbye casper! [heart] always, Stef" - I used to be pale (hence casper). Still haven't forgotten her, but haven't talked for ages either.
"...Don't forget me or our pact... Luv Savita" - a group of us left the school grounds one lunch time to Savita's house, which was just across the road, and wrote letters about what we were thinking and stuff at the time, and then sealed them and vowed not to open them for five years or something.
"Hey Dale, u don't know me much but have fun whereva ya go! [heart] Laurena" - *sigh* My Year 7 crush who crushed me with her rejection.
"...I'm writing here cuz this is where ur heart is! I luv u heaps and I'll miss you... (personable) Jesstacular xxox" - my girlfriend for the majority of year 9.
"Daeel - have good knox - Alan. P.S.....Yea." - still see Alan and my main circle of highvale friends every so often. :)

High School #2:

"Fatty" - I have no idea who wrote this and it's kinda doing my head in! (Just asked my bro and he says that it says "Tubby" and that he wrote it. Makes sense!)
"Dale, All the best mate. Thanks for Year 11. You'll do very well. David." - My legal studies teacher! He was really cool now that I think about it...
"Dale, Your a fantastic friend. Remember pizza day, lol :). Good luck for everything, I no you'll be brilliant, Karen." - planned a pizza day with Karen in my spares every Wednesday. Not exactly sure what it entailed besides eating pizza. Maybe pizza fights.
"It's ok we will be in America soon.... At the top [heart] Jim." & "cya in Cali when we are famous [heart] C8lin." - Was planning a Drake & Josh style tv show with Jamie and Caitlin. We were big dreamers, and I had the biggest crush on him that I almost believed it would happen. We were gonna meet all the actors from the OC and live in Californian mansions with nice cars.
"Hey sweeti, you'r real smart + if i dnt see you inventing sumthin 1 day i'll b angry! [heart] Sam xxx" - arguably the year's hottest girl. We had PE together. Yeah. :)
"get your P's so your misses don't have to drive u around. Jarryd." - I did get my Ps, but only after I'd broken up with Hayley. Oh well.
"Dear Dale, you made year 12 so much better, your such a great person, stay in touch. Paul" - still my favourite message.
"Dale, hit me up when you want to get beat at poker. Jase."
"Dale, when you become the next Bill Gates, I will be your assistant. Yui Chung." Either chung had a lot of faith in me or REALLY didn't want to be my assistant!
"Dear Doile, have enjoyed discussing our mothers together. Eat more beaver. Love Claire." - One of the most fascinating/out there girls I've met. She was really fun. :)
"Hey Dale, You've been my inspiration in English this year. You can do anything you set out to achieve. [heart] Cooper." - School captain, great girl.
"It's been great teaching you 'Rowdy'. Cozza." PE teacher. He made learning fun. And yes I was a little bit of a teacher's pet. Albeit a quiet teacher's pet.

There's a lot more but I would just be indulging in giving my ego even more of a boost by writing their kind words. It's sad that I only see a handful of these people any more. You should check if you have your last day at school shirts still. It's a good trip down memory lane. (And nice to read flattering things about yourself!)

As far as insights go... Not a lot. Just that people get sentimental looking back at things and tend to remember them differently than to how they felt at the time.

Dale.

Dale.

4 comments:

Paul said...

"Paul!
Best of luck 4 the future!
Keep using big words!
Dale!"

Welcome to Creepy Lamingtons: home to a mix of strange stories and articles that hopefully won't leave an unpleasant taste in your mouth. said...

So Paul's continued use of big words is your fault! :p So is Ryan gay these days? (or possibly acting in XXX rated movies?) So many questions! Have you ever opened the letter you wrote at Savita's house? Do you still have it?

I checked out my school shirt - no one expecting big things of me. :( Although I did have two people taking credit "for making you who you are."

Perhaps the most interesting one was "Dear Luke, Thanks for the photo and don't worry, your secret's safe with me - although my secret is much worse! Love Tara xxo" - I have no idea what either of our secrets were! (Although I know at one point we both had a crush on the same guy - but she had no way of knowing that. I think!)

Kyle said...

So true about how looking back in retrospect is always a different experience!

I have a feeling humans developed that (and memory loss) as a sort of survival mechanism so we'd be able to live without regrets...

Jesicka309 said...

mmm it is always nice to look back at those kinds of things...

i got my year 12 ones wwritten into a book, and i read it when i feel like im going nowhere, it's like 'wow all these people reckoned i would go far, i can't be that terrible!'

tho ur brother wrote something along the lines of 'i am so sexy yeah, i am gonna smash u at indo'
how inspirational..... :s

lol luv jess