11/18/2006

Argh! Head down, bum up...

After getting a big, fat, doughy ‘No!’ from the people at Krispy Kreme this afternoon, I became a little despondent.

I would really like to know what’s making me so unattractive to potential employers. I’ve been trying for a while now and it’s just been rejection after rejection after rejection. It’s pissing me off, and it’s not making me feel all that good about myself either. It’s just a part-time job I’m after, yet everywhere I apply they don’t want me. They don’t want the person that I am to represent their business.

This is starting to make me think that there’s something wrong with me, and is resulting in pessimistic feelings about my future. Maybe I just need to look in different places. Maybe I need to try and work on improving myself and my shortcomings. Maybe I need to get some perspective.

Maybe I should just shut up, keep trying, and stop being a sook!

Well I did get something out of today… a free donut! :)

5 comments:

Paul said...

See what have i been telling you for the past year! Finally his getting it!

Hmm "work on improving myself" - i thought we finished this faze..

Stop looking at this silly no where part time shit and start looking for a real job.

Anonymous said...

forget Paul - what would he know ;) - try blockbuster, video ezy or anywhere atm thats looking for Christmas work - its easy to get an in as they have no standards, and then its even easier to usually stay on after the chrissy season finishes.

Just laugh a lot at any of their jokes, try to make them laugh - flirt if you must and overall come across as someone who's going to make their like for enjoyable and easier if you were involved - the same thing works for relationships to.

~shan said...

to get a job, lie about your age. you know they hire the younger ppl so that they can get away with paying them less

Paul said...

Yeah karl what would i know! Ow yeah plenty! I love it that a person who is currently out of a job thinks it is approprate for him to give advice! He already tried at blockbuster, and the closest video ezy is probably mine.. Although he does have a conection at the knox blockbuster.. now if he would be willing to, how do you say, "ask for a faviour".... Although he is thinking of leaving, so i would "ask" him sooner rather than latter.

ACole said...

they don't deserve you :)