11/02/2006

Freedom & The Agenda

Hallelujah!! My last exam was on Wednesday morning - business law, 3 and a half painstakingly long hours - and I couldn't be happier that I don't have to deal with commerce anymore. I know a lot of you will hate me right now because you still have exams coming, but I'm sorry I can't help but shout from the rooftops how relieved I am to be done with it all. It hasn't been easy knowing that I've wasted an entire year of my life doing something that won't be of much use to me in the future, and accumulating additional HECS debt too! I really feel like a boring commerce-sized weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

So now I wait... My uncertain future is a little exciting. Having no control again is.. I dunno, invigorating! I hope to god I get into my Professional & Creative Writing course at Deakin next year, or some other similar one, but if I don't I know it won't be the end of the world. Maybe I should hide my last post in case some course inspector looks at my blog for some reason - it's pretty shocking...

Anyway, what to do for 4 whole months? I've been thinking about this since pretty much the minute my exam ended. Obviously getting a job is a main priority, even just as something to fill in the time! I'm pretty sure my friends will get sick of me within a few weeks, so I need something to keep me busy/entertained. Naturally I'll have a crack at continuing that book I started to write earlier this year, and also try to work on some short stories.

** daley newsflash - I have a group interview at Village Cinemas on Friday afternoon **

I've thought up a project for myself! I'm thinking it could be the start of a few mini projects that I try to complete. This one is called Project HASB. I'll need to purchase some equipment, and get into contact with some people, which may be a challenge in itself, but I'm really looking forward to it. Will be quite fun and rewarding to carry out... *Mr Burns' "excellent" fingers*
The thing is it's designed for other peoples' benefit. Yep, you heard me. Dale is being altruistic for once and not just thinking about himself!

Other holiday plans include a possible trip back to Blairgowrie (I still need to blog about the first one!), with the Highvale peeps. In no particular order these are most of them... Glenn, Sean, Ian, Alan, Luke R, Johnny, Jamie, & Chris. I'm still not sure about some other people who might come, but that's gonna be a big trip! Possibly 12 or 13 people... sheesh! Let me guarantee you, crazy times will ensue. :P

On the agenda with the Vermont peeps is the final poker night showdown extravaganza!! The winner will be crowned, and hopefully it will be I who emerges victorious (although based on my recent poker form I'm not too optimistic!). An astoundingly awesome afternoon is also planned with them - Lukey, Dinks, LJ, Matthew Douglas, & Mahoney - in which we're gonna go-kart until we can't anymore! Something like 50 laps on this mad course... *drools with anticipation* My competitive side will be out and ugly. I mean it... watch out people, I'll leave you eating my dust! :P

As for the Knox people, looks like a bunch might be heading to Famous on Saturday night. No matter where I end up celebrating my no exams & no commerce-ness, I'll be celebrating pretty hard.

Ok, now you're updated and can stop losing sleep wondering what I'm gonna do for the next third of a year. :)

Hope to see you soon.

Dale.

3 comments:

: : Wendz : : said...

Congrats on finishing ur exams
Congrats on never having to do Commerce again
Congrats on getting an interview
And Good luck on everything after that....

Jesicka309 said...

baaaaaah i just finished my last yr 12 exam for this year!!!
unfair ur like finished and i still have 4 2 go!!! unfairness!

ACole said...

Dale, you know damn well crazy times will ensure :)