11/07/2006

I can't help but wonder...

I can’t help but wonder about things that might have been. Generally these things are out of my control and too hard to envisage, but it doesn’t stop me contemplating how things might have played out if a few circumstances were different. For example, someone that you meet, fall for, and become involved with – how different would the relationship be if you didn’t meet them when you did, but a year or two later? Would anything even come of it, or is it a combination of time and place and the stage of life that you’re in that dictates the successful formation of a relationship? On the other hand, could things work out for the better – would the extra year or two put the people involved in a better position to have a successful relationship? Obviously I’m talking about something that’s on my mind, and I’m not saying that I’d trade the time I had with this other person for anything, but it still gets me thinking!

The curiousity still runs strong within me... Oh my, Star Wars jokes... Someone throw rotten tomatoes at me!

Another thing that I’ve been pondering is if I’d gotten a part time job when I was 15/16, would I have my own car right now? I think the answer would be yes! I’m kind of annoyed about this. When I think about how much more freedom having my own car would bring me, and all the opportunities that I had to get a job, I get a little frustrated with myself. I also think that having a part time job would have helped me mature a bit more, give me more responsibility, and the sense of what it’s like to work hard for some hard earned cash. I’m not saying that my boundary umpiring money wasn’t hard earned – the amount of physical exertion involved was ridiculous – but it’s just not the same.

I don’t expect to get that job at Village Cinemas, although I didn’t do half bad, I don’t think I was quite quick-thinking enough. Nevertheless I’ll keep looking and hopefully get a job soon so I can learn those valuable lessons. (Wow, I’m sounding a bit like my dad; all preachy and whatnot... That’s a bit scary!) And then I can come and pick you up in my very own car and take you for a very short drive so I don’t use up all my left over money on petrol!

Dale.

5 comments:

~shan said...

i too tend to play the 'what if...?' game. nthing good can come of it because you cannot change the past....but i'll always wonder...

Anonymous said...

Haha yes you do sound a bit father like at times, although I must take this chance to throw those rotten tomatoes at you

Anonymous said...

Gotta say getting a job earlier, doesn't really prompt a saving plan, just means more money to spend on useless stuff LOL
And owning a car, and being on P's doesn't really change to responsibility factor, again more freedom I reckon, but that's me
Have you tried Coles-Myer? They have Christmas jobs, or any supermarket for that matter, they normally recruit heaps of ppl at this time, check out their websites, I'm sure the interviews with them won't be as hard, coz many teens have already applied
Anyways good luck with the job search!!!

Anonymous said...

hmmm getting a job earlier DOES help u get a car quicer...i mean im 17 and im getting a car tomorrow (serious)... and i have the cash coz ive been working for two years +

lol there are some places that are always hiring like coles, safeway, maccas hehe all those places are good first jobs

good luck!

Anonymous said...

and when you're out of petrol u can just refer ur people to me since i'm equipped lol