8/31/2006

748 TV Screens!


Before I get into this post I reckon you're all dying to know how I went on my mid-semester test last night, so I thought I'd end the torment of uncertainty that you're all no doubt experiencing! It was one of those tests where it was hard to gauge how well you did. So I pretty much have no idea whether I did shockingly bad, incredibly good or somewhere in the middle. To the people who sent me good luck messages thank you!! It was really cool of you to think of me like that. I'll most likely post my result on here when I get it (about a week or two I'm guessing) to satisfy those who are curious about how I went.

Finished uni at 12.00 today and ended up heading into the city. Now, I dont go to the city all that much besides going to the football every now and then so I was kind of wide-eyed like a little kid at some of the things I saw. Revolving doors were one such thing that amused me, except I didnt get to walk around and around in them like you see people do in cartoons and stuff... Guess theres always another time! Appropriately, to suit my somewhat childish behaviour, I bought myself an ice cream. (City ice cream is not too bad! It gets... 4 Dale Cones out of 5. I eat a lot of ice cream so I think I'm allowed to give ratings.)

Now, the important topic TV! We found ourselves at the TV50 exhibition at Fed Square, which is celebrating 50 years of TV in Australia. It's pretty damn cool! It's actually an interesting exhibition, and yeah, I'm not an exhibition person at all, so that says something. Anyway, when you walk in down on the bottom level you wont believe your eyes - there is a wall that stretches on and on with literally hundreds of TV screens on it. 748 in total we were told by some helpful information person, who had clearly been asked that question too many times. There was also a lot of interactive stuff, and things like the $200,000 Deal or No Deal briefcase, the baby doll with no eyes from that old show Lift Off, etc etc. There were also these little booth-like things where you could watch some (slightly bizarre but often humorous) student films. I highly recommend people stop by if they get the chance. Especially if you love TV as much as I do. Yep, I am prone to the occasional TV hug; we have a new flashy big LCD one, which is harder to hug properly, but way cool!


Two more interesting things about Fed Square:

1. Most people may already know this but theres a humungous screen on one of the walls showing a section of Fed Square in real time. I walked past through that area a few times to see what I looked like on TV. I probably looked like a tool, but I don't care - it was fun!

2. Also, there's a scrolling Optus message-board thingo on the other side of Fed Square that you can send messages to and see them scroll across the wall. I thought that was really awesome. Naturally, we tried it out and got a kick out of it.


Anyway, after a fantastic time in the city, I came home, had dinner and went to the gym for about an hour.


Soon I'll do a post about my trip away to Sorrento, where I went with some friends in the break between semesters. I figure it's something different, and hence hopefully interesting!


Dale.

Wishing he was constantly "being pushed down stairs". ;-)

No comments: