8/27/2006

The Metro - Part 1

I went out last night! Ok, so it's not that exciting, but I haven't been out clubbing for a while, so I was pretty amped about it. The place was The Metro on Bourke Street, and the company was people from my last school; Knox.

At 6.00pm last night I had no plans at all, so things came together pretty damn quick. It was hurriedly organised over msn and a few text messages. It was good, because I'd been itching for a night out for a little while, one where I would actually get to drink. Anyway, there were complications about how we were gonna get there. At this stage I only knew that Paul, Sara, Sandi, Chung and Lizzie were going besides Paul, not my usual crowd but that didn't really matter to me. Paul generously offered to drive me, and I protested half-heartedly, as any polite person would, but he said he didn't mind as long as I drove him next time. So he picked me up at about 8.30 and we made our way toward the city. I hadn't seen Paul for a little while, but you wouldn't have been able to tell we got along swimmingly as always.


We parked in a complex on Little Collins Street, and as we got there a bit early (9ish and we were meeting people at 9.30) we walked around a bit first. It was good because it gave me the chance to get some credit for my phone, and gum for my mouth. Surprisingly I found that I recognised a few landmarks (my knowledge of getting around the city is pretty much non-existent). I saw Her Majesty's Theatre where I watched The Lion King (how cultured of me!), the Spaghetti Tree; a restaurant that I went to for my cousins 18th family birthday celebration, a Hungry Jacks that I was sure Id been in before, and Chinatown which I'd walked through a few times. The amount of 7 elevens in the city is utterly ridiculous! I tried to count how many I saw. Think I got up to five, not counting the other convenience stores exactly like 7 elevens, and that was just in 2 or 3 blocks. Crazy I tells ya!


So Paul and I went to wait in line after a little while, and pretty much as soon as we got on the end of the line we see Jamie, Jase, Steve and Shilan get out of a taxi (also from Knox; the same Jamie and Steve that punish me at the gym). This was good, because I'm a lot closer to them than the others that were going to come. After a brief conversation and mild surprise on their behalf to see me there, we jumped out of the general admission line and into the guest list one. Steve came up with a master plan of conning the bouncer, which somehow worked (hey, yeah we're all on... Kyles and... Lexi's list). So we got in, got stamped, and didnt have to pay an entry fee. Steve is quite the handy person to have around!


Never having been to the metro before I didn't know what to expect, so when I walked in and saw the size of the place, I had to do a double take. The place is huge! Way bigger than anywhere else I'd been before (nightclub-wise, that is). Not only that but it had two levels, and the layout was just so open - it was awesome! Especially once it got packed, the atmosphere was amazing. Almost as soon as we walked in Steve bought a round of shots for everyone, except Paul obviously. I dont know what the shot was, but I was surprised because it tasted really nice. I was all ready to cringe at the taste, but didnt have to! We then went and checked out the place, which took a while because of its hugeness. On the way though, I ran into people I knew from primary school. How they remembered me I have no idea, although I was yellow house captain in grade six (:-p), but it was good to see them again, even though our conversations were fairly brief.


Anyway, we decided to stay upstairs for a little while, as it was still a bit quiet down (you can see downstairs from upstairs through giant glass windows) and Shilan bought everyone a drink. Like me he hates beer, so he got everyone else some kind of Asian beer, and him and me a glass of vodka & lime or something, oh and Paul a red bull (which I think he had 5 of over the entire night - no chance of him falling asleep at the wheel driving me home!). I sipped away at my drink, beginning to feel the effects already (my liver sucks, I'm a very cheap date drinks-wise lol), and starting to dance a little...


Expect Part 2 tomorrow, if I can still remember the stuff that happened!

No comments: