8/28/2006

The Metro - Part 2

Previously on Dale's Saturday Night Out: Dale and the gang had headed into the bustling city to get their groove on at The Metro nightclub. They entered the impressively large venue and Dale bumped into a few interesting characters from his past. Drinking began, and the probability that Dale would bust some moves on the dance floor was looking more and more likely...

The music at The Metro also rocked. I like rock and dance music, and the DJs were playing the type of dance that I really like. So after I finished my vodka and lime thingemo and the others had finished their beer, we headed downstairs to take a place on the now thriving dance floor. We were a bit slow to get started, much like an old lawnmower (and no I didn't do the lawnmower dance move), but eventually we were dancing, and most of us danced pretty well. I think we had consumed just enough alcohol to lose our inhibitions, but not so much that we had lost control of our balance or co-ordination!

Anyway, the atmosphere was mad, and dancing continued. Basically the only interruptions to the dancing were to retrieve more alcohol. Occasionally we'd venture upstairs to sit for a bit and get our breath back (and purchase more alcohol from the upstairs bar!). Needless to say a few hours into the night I was pretty smashed. From our vantage point upstairs we had an awesome view, especially when the firestick people and the man who did fancy gymnastic stuff on what looked liked a giant curtain draped from the ceiling performed their visually pleasing acts.

A few more things from the night:
I remember my friends (Paul and Jamie in particular) telling me put your f***ing phone away!! on numerous occasions. They think that all I do when I go places is message other people. I admit I do do it a lot, but it doesnt stop me from enjoying myself like they think it does.

I had a brush with fame!! Boyd & Stingray from the TV show 'Neighbours' came up and talked to me for a bit! Well by 'talked to me' I mean 'asked me two questions' about the third level of the place and whether it was open. I replied helpfully, "Nah I dont think so mate" to Stingray because he was the one who asked me the question. He thanked me and patted me on the arm before he and Boyd walked off somewhere else. Yep, famous actor types like to associate with me it seems. He could of asked any one of the hundreds (maybe even thousands) of other people, but no he chose me!





Losing and finding people was also fun; especially because I was a bit wobbly and in high spirits. Surprisingly I always managed to find who I was looking for reasonably quickly, and without falling over!

Paul, Jase, Jamie and I left the Metro for some food at about 2ish.. I think? We found ourselves at Hungry Jacks ordering fries and burgers. It was strange, I knew I was a drunk but I still tried to put on my best sober façade for the Hungry Jacks workers, as if I would offend them if they could tell I had been drinking. Anyway, Jamie and Jase went back in but Paul and I decided to leave. Despite being a bit out of it I could tell he wasnt having the best time, even though he kept saying that he didnt mind how late I wanted to stay. So we made our way back to the car (me still yet to fall over or even stumble!), got in, and he drove me home while I struggled to keep my eyes open. Got home, messaged a little, then slept deeply.

And that concludes my (somewhat lacking) description of how my Saturday night transpired.

Dale.

Most likely heading back to The Metro next weekend for Karen's birthday!
(Come one, come all even if you dont know Karen a good time shall be had by most!)

No comments: