8/26/2006

Umpiring & Irking

Must... do... a post...

Got up at 7.30 this morning - please, hold your applause until the end - for umpiring. It was an under 18's match, The Basin v Forest Hill, played in Mitcham. I knew a fair few of the Forest Hill players because they were in the year below me at school last year (and in the school footy team with me), so on a few occasions I was a bit lenient towards them. That's wrong of me I know, but I'm just a boundary umpire, and there's only so much of an impact I can have on a match! "What? Out of bounds? Not from where I was standing.." *whistles* Unfortunately FH lost, but they get a second chance because they finished first on the ladder.

Most of the umpires I was with were pretty good. But there was one of the field umpires who really got under my skin. He didn't do or say anything to give me a proper reason to dislike him.. he's just one of those few people who I can't stand to be around. A few times when I passed the ball back to him I threw it a little hard.. at his head. :smile: I think in his case it might have been his apparent arrogance or bloated sense of self importance. Anyway, he just irked me, and now I've vented my frustration.

For the rest of today I've just been studying and watching the kangaroos lose to hawthorn. I have a mid semester test for macroeconomics on wednesday night. To say that I have a lot to do still would be an understatement of rather large proportions. So at 6.50 on wednesday night if everyone who reads this could please try to telepathically send me their combined knowledge of economics, it would be just great!

I feel I should impart some wisdom... but I'm worried about forgetting everything if I do. So just pretend I said something wise. That ok? Awesome.

Dale.

Trying to prevent knowledge leaking out from his brain.

You may applaud now.

No comments: