5/18/2007

Do I look like a messy pig?


To all you comedians: please don’t answer that question without reading on!

I like to think I look alright. I like to think that I maintain a high quality of personal hygiene and maintenance. Whilst I don’t always do my hair up all nice, I try to make sure it doesn’t look too bad before going anywhere. I wash my face morning and night, brush my teeth twice a day, and shower every morning. So why then, whenever I go to a fast-food place, am I given a shitload* of serviettes? I would really like to know!


It’s happened at least five times in the last month – whoever I’m with receives one or two, whilst I’m given enough to wipe the mouth of one or two elephants. I’m certain that whilst ordering: drool isn’t leaking out the corner of my mouth, my face isn’t stained with sauce or chocolate of some kind, and my teeth don’t have donuts stuck in between each one of them. Plus, I’m skinny! My friends find it particularly amusing [especially Adam], and so did I for a while, but now I’m starting to find it a little disconcerting. What is it about my face that screams, “Boy oh boy, you better give me a whole tree-worth of serviettes because if you don’t things will get real ugly”?

Having worked extensively with serviettes, I know that it is not difficult to just grab one or two and chuck them in a bag or on a tray, so I’ve ruled out the chance that it’s just happening accidentally. Unless the people who serve me have giant, sausage-like fingers incapable of retrieving fewer… Or it’s their way of giving me free stuff because they like me… Or they’re trying to insult me because they’re jealous of my superior fast-food customer service skills… Or because I’m more attractive… Yes, that must be it. :)

Finally, I’ve gotten to bottom of this mystery. Phew, that’s a relief. We couldn’t have me feeling insecure about my face/appearance now could we? Ah the trials and tribulations of being very, very good looking. :-P

Dale.

*Possibly the first swearword on my blog… Please don’t report me!

10 comments:

~shan said...

maybe its not because you look like a messy person. maybe its the opposite. maybe you look like a clean freak and so you are given lots a serviettes bc ppl think this is what you want?

: : Wendz : : said...

LOL that blog made my day, seriously.
AND shitloads, nah not considered rude enough for a swearword.
I get heaps of serviettes too, go:"I'm trying to save trees, I'll have JUST one thanks"
HEEHEE
Cheers
Wendy

Anonymous said...

You're ugly :)

But meanwhile I think I made myself quite clear as to what expletive you were to utilise.

You'll use it next time then?

Love Na

Anonymous said...

Maybe you just eat like a pig...no wait!! That's not meant as an insult - honestly! Maybe it's simply you're ordering a lot of food and because you're skinny they assume you can't possibly eat it all by yourself - so they assume you're sharing it with a small family and provide you with lots of napkins. Plus, the whole jealously thing too, of course.

Anonymous said...

No, you don't look like a messy pig. You look like someone who hasn't blogged in two weeks!

Jesicka309 said...

the suspense is killing......
all those potential topics
which have not been blogged
*sigh*
this blog is boring

Anonymous said...

Hey jesicka, maybe the problem is that the next thing on his to blog list is his birthday - And from what he drank - I'm not sure he actually has any memory of it...

Dale said...

Interesting point sharyn... My nickname in the early years of highschool was "soaps" because I always looked so clean and neat.

Really glad you liked it Wendy. :)

Nathan, I believe you have a dickload of blogging to do so hop to it. :P

Lucas... How am I meant to interpret "You eat like a pig" in a non-insulting way? Not even someone with your linguistic prowess can hide that one!

Hero8 - don't make me revoke your hero status. Cos I can do that, should I feel you decrease in heroity. :P

Jess, you're boring! I've been doing assignments again, give a bloke a break. Working on one now, hopefully you'll like it.

And Lucas, I've had just about enough of your playful jabs.. I remember it plenty good!

Thanks comenteers.

Dale

Anonymous said...

Ok, so the very same day you tell me to stop with the playful jabs, you also tell me your nickname in high school was 'soaps'. That's just cruel Dale, very cruel. :p
But the new, softer, kinder me will play nice.

In fact, in the spirit of kindness, I'll tell you that while searching Paul's myspace photos the other day(to make sure he didn't have any bad ones of me) I found he had 3 pics of you. One was good; one was not so good; and one was um, unfortunate. If you see the unfortunate one - let me reassure you, you don't really look like that!

~shan said...

ok, i get that your doing assignments. So am I. three down one to go. But i need a break and the lack of posts is making it difficult to avoid this last assignment