10/03/2006

Big Moments In Life

Just a thought or two... or three...

I can't say there have been that many big moments in my life. By big I guess I mean dramatic or life changing - moments that influence the way that a person turns out, or shape people's ideals and the foundations of what they value. Sure there have been events that have altered my perspective on things, but nothing really major yet. Well nothing that stands out at least right now. Although looking back in a decade or so I may think differently about it.

I know that in real life there isn't any dramatic background music or confronting cinematography to accompany such moments as there are on tv or in movies, but I think that a big moment in life should feel as if there were. That's what being alive is all about. Emotions and feelings and all that jazz. Isn't it?

I guess meeting people for the first time who you eventually become close to could classify as a big moment, in that they have a significant impact on your life and how you live it. In which case I have had a few big moments. For friends and those who become more than friends. I've been really lucky that I've been able to meet such genuine, good people. My life is full of them, and sometimes I guess I don't appreciate it (and them!).

Dale
Waiting for a big moment & Starting to appreciate people more.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Moments don’t need to be dramatic to be life changing; it is the little collective efforts that define who we are, for they will always be there. Your life has gone through so many changes in the short time I have known you. Not because of flashy events or as you reference them ‘big moments’, but because of your strength in character and courage of conviction.

Life is a challenge dale, and soon the bell will toll for the.

Till next we meet,
Paul

~shan said...

hi dale,
sure, you might be waiting for the earth shattering, life changing moments. but sometimes, those perfect memories we create and cherish forever happen in the insignificant moments

sharyn