10/22/2006

Daley News Star - Luke T

Yes, I have a lot of friends called Luke!

The first thing I think of when I think of Luke T is energy and enthusiasm. I have no idea where he gets it from, but every time I see him he’s always pumped up about something, even when there’s nothing really to get excited about. Luke was originally a friend of my friends that I only started to get to know towards the end of year 11. He’s one of those people who make an immediate impression on you. He always finds something to laugh about and doesn’t exclude anyone – he’ll make an effort to make sure that he talks to everyone in the group.

Luke is an insanely good middle to long distance runner. He goes to a lot of cross country and athletics events and always manages to do extremely well. I think he came top 20 in some national cross country event earlier this year! He also umpires during the footy season, and I’m sure he does a hell of a lot better job than I do.


When Luke’s around things are pretty much guaranteed to be interesting, because you never know what he’ll say or do next. For example, if we’re going somewhere and need two cars he might spontaneously decide to climb out of one and jump into the other if we’re stopped at traffic lights, even when they’re about to change! He tried to convince me to do it but I was only brave enough to go from the backseat to the front seat of the same car. :)

Yesterday in a myspace comment he kindly reminded me that my name was Dale, you know, in case I’d forgotten.

In addition to all the above characteristics Luke’s also a really genuine guy.

“Helloo, my name is Mr. Burns – I believe you have a package for me.”

No comments: