10/04/2006

Yesterday!

Yesterday, Tuesday, was a good day. It was one of those days after which you go... 'I really needed a day like that'. I mean, nothing incredibly special happened, but it was just a really nice day on the whole.

A good place to start would be Monday night.. Not technically part of yesterday, but meh! I play tennis on Monday nights for Wantirna tennis club (think I've mentioned it before), and this time we were playing against Bayswater North. Luke picked me up and drove us there - I'm no stranger to his car since he gives me lifts to uni several days a week, thanks Luke - but we had a bit of trouble finding it. The lights were out and it was really dark, and when we pulled into what looked like the carpark, got out and walked around, became very confused and a little scared (the place looked like some kind of abandoned hunting lodge that you see in all those "psycho killer on the loose" type movies) we decided we must have been in the wrong place. But we weren't! It was just on the other side of the ominious looking buildings, which we figured out when another car pulled up (thankfully no axe-wielding murderer inside) and we asked them where the hell the tennis courts were.
Anyway, we eventually got round to playing us some tennis - oh Vanessa got lost too, so we're not geographically challenged if that's what you were thinking! - but we were down a player so only got to play two sets each instead of three. I won both my sets and played a lot better than I had for a long time. Overall we lost though, but only because of the three sets we had to forfeit.

Ok, Tuesday morning, first day back at uni after the midsemester break, so I had to get up at 8am. This was a little bit of a struggle. But I did it, showered, dressed, ate and had my brain functioning within the hour. Luke came at 9.30ish and drove me to uni. Got to uni at about 10:01 and had an hour to waste until my first lecture at 11.00, so I met up with Praveen in the science library. Caught up with what he'd been doing, "did you watch the grand final?" etc, etc, and then somehow we decided to go to Maccas and get something to eat. (This involved me skipping my lecture but that wasn't such a hard choice to make. After all it was only accounting, and I'm not even doing this course next year!!)
Sitting in the drive-thru McFlurrys were decided upon - he had Oreo I had m&m - and we went back to uni and ate them as we walked around in the freaking awesome weather that's decided to arrive all of a sudden. Anyway, he went off to play indoor cricket at about 12.30, and I went and found a computer lab. That was when I did yesterday's blog, and left a myspace comment here and there. I was supposed to have a lecture at 1:00 but got carried away with my blogging and whatnot (and I'm really not that motivated by Business & Economic Statistics either) so I kinda skipped that too. At 2:00 I had a tutorial test in economics. Yes.. I went to a class yesterday. :P The test went ok I think, it was the last one for the semester thank God. I'm passing all my subjects still, but if I could've fast forwarded in time from highschool me and seen that in the future I'd be skipping a lot of classes like this, I think I'd be pretty damn shocked. I was a bit of a goody-goody back then. I guess now I'm... what? A rebel? :)

After my tutorial test I merrily headed off on my way home. But on the way I stopped off at Vermont South shopping centre to drop my resume in at Blockbuster. Still looking for a job! Anyway, as I was about to go in I heard someone running up behind me, so I turned around and got into that karate kid stance in case it was an attacker (not really) and saw that it was Jamie H from my primary school and first high school! He and Jonny were at Subway eating footlongs - which I'm still yet to do *creates list of things to achieve* - so I went and sat with them for about half an hour. I hadn't seen either of them for quite a while (maybe not since my trip away to Blairgowrie with them during the break between semesters), but it didn't seem like that at all. We got on heaps good. Lol, yep, there goes any credibility this post had! "heaps good"... I mean come on Dale! Anyway, it was good to see them again, and they mentioned catching up on the weekend at some stage, so that put me in a good mood.

Next, I bussed it to Knox for more resume handing out and some gymming. But before I could do any of that, I ran into Simon from my second high school just outside Coles. Hadn't seen him for a long time either, so it was interesting catching up on what he'd been up to. We had indo together, and were on the school tennis team together, so we had been pretty close. He also mentioned catching up on the weekend with some other people from school... I could be in for a busy few days! So I went to the gym, without a sweat towel (since I came straight from uni) so I was walking around the gym trying to act as if I wasn't doing anything wrong, but that probably meant that I was looking more suspicious than I normally would have been, cos I can't act at all when I'm doing something I shouldn't be. Several sore muscles later I went and put a resume in at EB games, and tried at Virgin Megastore and Angus & Robertson (the book shop) where they said to apply online. Going to hand resumes in slighty sweaty, walking painfully, and a little red in the face may not have been the smartest thing I've done. But at least I did it. :)

That night at home Dad, Mum, Mark and I had a family game of Buzz, the quiz show game with the buzzers on playstation 2. And I won!!! Woo! All thanks to me recognising that Alice Deejay "better off alone" song before anyone else did. I hadn't won for AGES so I was pretty rapt. I admit that there was a small victory dance involved, but hey, why not! The night ended on a great note too, with a phone call from the person I've been seeing for the past few weeks now. I speak to them most days, and I always look forward to our conversations... they can go anywhere, no matter where we start at or what direction I think they'll go. Yep, this boyo is in serious like. Hopped into bed, watched an episode of the simpsons, and then slowly drifted off to sleep. Feeling content about how the day had panned out.

Dale.

4 comments:

AdamMac said...

Do I see a grammar mistake?!?!? mmmm...

AdamMac said...

Yes I do...

"...and I always forward to our conversations..."

It was there for everyone to see...

Jesicka309 said...

OMG u have buzz????? lol me too
got it on saturday as a bday present wooo
buzz is awesome as haha

Dale said...

One mistake Adam! In the giant mega post.. sheesh. It's fixed now, so thank you very much for bringing it to my (and everybody else's) attention.

Wizz Fizz & sunshine does it for me too lulu. I'd do anything for some sherbet, hence why adam's recent post did so much for me.. :P

And yes Jess I have buzz and will be sure to beat you (or let you win if im feeling nice) should we ever have a Buzz-off.

Thanks for the comments!