10/09/2006

My Firsts

The ban is over!

I haven't posted lately because I had been banned from the internet by mum and dad. It came about because I got home a bit later than they would have liked one night. So for a week I wasn't allowed access to the internet at home (or have use of the car). Admittedly, I snuck on a few times - hope mum doesn't read this! - and also I went on at uni, so I wasn't completely cold turkey but it was still a little hard nonetheless! Some of you might be thinking "But he's 19.. shouldn't he just tell his parents to get 'stuffed'?" Well, I'm still not an adult in their eyes, and maybe not even a young adult. I'm hoping they'll realise that I am soon. Maybe when I get a proper job. Hopefully...

The past few days have produced a few firsts for me:
  • I had my first ever Boost juice on Friday afternoon! "Passion Mango" I think it was called. I don't know why it's taken me so long to get one, it was pretty damn tasty! I even kept the cool green cup in my room for a day to commemorate my first Boost purchase. Initially my room started to smell like tropical fruits which was nice, but then I think it kinda went bad because my room began to smell like a less desirable odour... So I threw it out. Thanks to Kiel for encouraging the inaugural Boost Juice buy (was with him at Knox at the time), I shall be returning there again soon. Need to figure out what my favourite flavour is! I think Passion Mango will be hard to beat though. *drools all over keyboard*

  • On that same journey to Knox - I say journey because I walked there, as it was a really beautiful day and I was feeling strangely energetic - I bought one of those colourful rubber Livestrong wristband thingemo's. I'd always wanted one because my non-watch wrist has always looked a bit naked. Anyway, I had seen a lot of clothes that I really liked but decided to save what little money I have, when at one of the service counters I happened upon the wristband. Seeing that it was pink momentarily made me hesitant to buy it, but seeing that it was in support of breast cancer awareness dashed my reservations. Plus I thought it'd be cool to be a bit "metro" for once. :) Pretty much ever since I got it I've been wearing it. I only take it off when I have to shower or go to bed.. It's so cool! Plus I'm kind of promoting a good cause. Next time you see me no doubt you'll see the wristband. Something for you to look forward to! :P

  • My last first happened last night (Sunday night). I went and saw Panic! at the disco play live at The Palace in St Kilda. This is a first for a number of reasons; one, I'd never been inside The Palace; two, I'd never seen Panic play live; three, I'd never seen any well-known band play live in concert! There were five of us who went - Sean who drove, Jamie, Ian, Luke, and me - and we didn't have too much trouble finding it (I know my way around St Kilda pretty well now, but don't read anything into that!). We printed off directions from whereis.com just in case, but they didn't make sense (left from punt rd onto commercial road for 26m, then left back onto punt rd??) so I threw caution to the wind and told Sean to go the way that I thought was right.. and it was for once! Anyway, it was freezing when we got there, and the line was massive, so we just camped out in the car and waited until the line got a lot smaller - we weren't gonna risk turning to ice and missing the concert! :P Eventually we ventured out into Antarctica and braved the conditions while waiting in line. We got into The Palace at about 8.50, and Something with Numbers was just finishing off. It was already pretty packed in the main room considering they were only a support act. Kisschasey played for about half an hour from 9.30 (including some new songs from an album that they're currently putting together!). The fact that they were new was kinda more exciting than the fact that I was getting to hear them... I'm not a giant Kisschasey fan (I'm probably spelling their name wrong too which would give that away). Panic came out at 10.45, played most of the songs from the album, did a really good job of them, I jumped around a little, sang a lot, got pushed around a bit, didn't lose a shoe, and had an ok time on the whole. I'm not sure if concerts are my thing. Guess I'll need to go to another one to find out!

So those are my firsts! And now I'm going for a run. Mondays are my day off from uni so I've pretty much been slacking off all day.. need to do something to wake up and release any pent up frustrations/emotions or whatever. Running is therapeutic! Wonder if I'll get beeped by any cars today... :)

Dale.

5 comments:

Paul said...

If you don't want to get beeped don’t wear the shorts! Although they may go well with a certain top....

Firsts are never trully forgoten, whether you try too or not.

Lol dale a "metro" :)

~shan said...

1. my mum once told me that it doesnt matter how old i get, i will always be her child and she will love/punish/embarrass me accordingly.
2. i cant believe you've neva had boost...please tell me you have been converted to a boost fanatic such as myself...
3. guys in pink is hot, though it has to be the right kind of guy and the right kind of pink
4. the tickle me elmo extreme rox. it laughs and shakes and does this really cute somersault thing and if u put it at the edge of a table it falls over! yeah, i know, for a 20 yr old, im such a baby. but its elmo!

Paul said...

Ow by the way, "The Daley News" very clever - thought you would like some validation of it.

Anonymous said...

Dale :) I dont have a myspace, so i'll just use this (greatest band in the worlds Myspace). None the less, i didnt see u moshing sunday :) u were too busy standing around rubbing ur nips and not getting into it. I think i saw u mosh to mayb...2 songs :) ANYWAY, i will give you teh thumbs up for the directions ...even though you didnt help me out on teh way home (well at least not at the start), i must've lost at least 22 cents of petrol you bastard. And as for the pink arm band....is cool...but metro is just lame is gay, just gay, im sure u could have gotten a blue one. Anyway, i best be off, homework and whatnot, perhaps i shall see you at another concert....or this friday if your going, Catch ya

Jesicka309 said...

OMG u hadnt had boost before??? SAD

it must be a family thign coz wednesday we were all trying 2 get mark 2 have a boost coz hes never had one either! wat kind of a childhood did u two have?