9/14/2006

A bit o' everything!

(Decided to put my "Looking Back..." on hold for now. Too much reminiscing can be dangerous!)

Now, you wouldn't tell from looking at me, but it's no secret to most people who know me that I LOVE food (remember the krispy kreme binge?). As we speak, I'm snacking on marshmellows and there are not one, but two pies cooking in the oven for my lunch! It's a bit crazy... but it's not like I'm that unhealthy, and I run a lot and stuff, so it kind of balances out I guess (don't argue with my logic!).

I wouldn't trade this metabolism for anything! Except for maybe a room full of lollies... :)

I highly doubt anyone is thinking, "why is Dale home from uni already when he's supposed to be there until 2.00?" but if you are you clearly pay more attention to my life than I give you credit for, and here's the answer to your question!
My statistics tute was in the computer lab again this week, and I was a bit hesitant to enter the room - based on my last experience with the evil, intimidating computers that harrassed me with their sinister beeping ('Quest for Cho') - but thankfully the computers behaved and I was able to not fully understand the work in peace.
Anyway, the tute finished half an hour early (at 11.30) and I decided I really didn't want to wait around until 1.00 for my only other lecture for the day, so I left! The one thing that made me a little reluctant to skip it though was the thought of leaving my friend Laura to endure the lecture alone. But I realised she might not have even been there so I got over it and came home. Hmm.. it's just about 1.00 now.. I wonder if she's sitting there all mopey, expectantly looking at the door waiting for me to walk through.. probably not. Well, I hope not...

Nooo, 10 minutes until my pies are ready and I have so much more to say still! I guess I could come back to this after devouring my lunch (and watching an episode of Will & Grace I haven't seen before!). Yeah, thats what I'll do!

Half an hour and two meat pies later...

Mmm, those were good pies.. *pats belly*

Now for two random things that have gotten my attention lately:
  1. As I was walking toward the Matheson library at uni earlier this week I came across a bunch of contruction workers (they're always around trying to stop the Menzies building from falling over and crushing everything). Now, there was nothing out of the ordinary about most of them, but one of them sparked my interest. No.. I don't have a thing for construction workers if that's what you're thinking. He was standing there, hammer in one hand, and blue helium balloon in the other! I tried to think of a possible reason for why he'd be holding a balloon, but couldn't come up with any! None of his construction worker friends had any, and the balloon didn't seem to be serving any purpose, other than making his appearance somewhat comical. It was quite a funny sight, because he was acting as if it was a natural thing for a construction person to do - hold a blue helium balloon for no apparent reason!
  2. As I was waiting to turn right at a set of traffic lights on the way back from uni today, I looked in my rear view mirror at the person in the car behind me, and he was doing something quite odd. He was alone in the car, wearing sunglasses, and... taking pictures of himself with a digital camera! Every few seconds he'd do a pose for the camera, then excitedly check to see what it looked like. He did this numerous times, and it too was pretty funny to watch! Thankfully he was too occupied by his camera to see me laughing at him!

A few more quick points... My story that I started and (not surprisingly) didn't follow through with, is getting the axe. I can't see myself enjoying writing it anymore, my head's in a different place. So all those people who were getting excited about being in it - I'm sorry but you'll have to wait a bit longer to taste second-hand fame. :P Nevertheless I have been inspired lately to write something else. As soon as I get my thoughts together I'll get it underway, and maybe send a few drafts to people for their thoughts!

I'm getting serious about finding a proper job now. I want financial independance! Since umpiring has finished I'm left without a source of income besides pocket money which doesn't amount to much at all. So my resumes will be everywhere soon.

Went to Intencity lately, and realised that my arcade gaming abilities are not what they used to be. I'm looking for people to go practice with so that next time I encounter a certain person in a similar arcade facility, I can show them once and for all who's boss!

Also went somewhere new lately. It was exciting, well exciting for the 5 minutes that I was there!

That's it, I'll let you leave my world for now. But please don't be afraid to come back and visit again soon!

Dale.

No comments: