9/08/2006

The Quest For Cho

Ok, I'm a LITTLE scared at the moment. I'm sitting in a computer lab at uni and all the computers that are out of order around me are constantly chiming, beeping, and making that windows welcome-to-your-computer sound. They have minds of their own!! Unexpected beeps from the left, strange chimes from the right, and unpredictable other noises from behind... Argh! They're still doing it!

But I'll put up with the torment because I haven't done a post at uni for quite some time. Lately I've been typing them all up in word when I have spare time and transferring them across, so this one should be less structured and more real... or something!

As I was making my bed this morning (yes mum, I actually made it today) the Bloodhound Gang's "The Bad Touch" came on the radio ("You and me baby ain't nothin but mammals..."), and it got me thinking about other things that are crass and well, in your face - omg i swear a computer just made a noise that sounded exactly like first line of the super mario bro's theme song! - and Margaret Cho came to mind. She's an American comedian who's fairly well known - OMG another one just did it! - for the sometimes explicit content in her stand up shows. She's hilarious but not for everyone. Go and have a look at her dvds if you can find them, you haven't really got anything to lose!

Anyway, I thought of her because a friend of mine added her as a MySpace friend the other day, and so I decided to add her as well, hence 'The Quest For Cho'. It took about 3 days for her to accept my friend, so naturally I made it my goal to do everything in my power to make sure that it took less than 3 days for her to accept me. My determination and tireless efforts paid off, and she added me within 24 hours! Go-o-o-o-o Dale! This gave me a sense of satisfaction, as achieving most things do for me (even getting out of bed in the morning sometimes), and also it gave me something to lord over my friend who's been getting the better of me over the last week or so. Yay! :)

So The Quest For Cho came to an end, and I emerged victorious. Hoorah!

On a different note, I just got a funny message from my younger brother on my phone. He's going out somewhere tonight and he wants me to buy alcohol for him and his little buddies (they're 16/17 most of them), which of course I won't do as it is highly illegal... :) But the message goes like this:

"Hey i got the money dale. There's a special on at liquorland - we will go down there 2getha later. Make sure u r drivin 2nite. Thanx brudda"

It sounds so shifty, which amuses me to no end. He's even got the whole street-talk thing goin on - calling me brudda. Ah Mark, if only you knew how much entertainment you bring me. I guess he is good for something after all!

Later people

- your friendly, neighbourhood, law-abiding, quest for cho winning Dale.

oh, i saw cello-man on the bus (a character from the upcoming Metro Reloaded!)

peace! :)



2 comments:

AdamMac said...

So Cho added you first?? Well maybe it was because her computer broke down and thats why it took so long for her to add me, because she didn't have internet access :P There are many factors that could explain why she took so long to add me and not you!

Well its good that you've finally won something :P

Dale said...

I win plenty of things! Just.. not many against you because it's like you summon flukey good luck powers out of nowhere.

One of these days adam.. one of these days!