9/18/2006

Jotter Entry 9

Friday night/Saturday morning,

I saw them tonight! We talked, joked and got along well on the whole. The semi-betrayal wasn’t brought up, but I could tell that it was still lingering in both our minds. Ran into them, and some other people from school (Knox), before I went to see the Da Vinci Code movie. They were meeting some people at the Irish – I was tempted to go join them after the movie, but it was already pretty late (like 1.15). Coincidentally, as I walked past the Irish on my way to the car, I ran into people from my old school (Highvale), my friends from there in fact, who I still see every now and then. All I got to do with them was exchange pleasantries, before I had to run off and catch up with my movie friends who were parked near me, and who I hadn’t said goodbye to properly. They were Paul, Steve, Yiu Chung, Praveen, Mike and Simo. The other Knox friends at the Irish were Jamie, Luke, Jase and possibly Shane and Julz. Whilst the Highvale people at the Irish were Jonny, Jamie, Sean, Ian, Glenn, Luke, Aaron and Anthony. Names, names, names! Collectively they mean nothing to anyone but me. The movie was always going to struggle to beat the book in my opinion. There’s no way to effectively and efficiently cram 400 pages into 3 hours of cinema, when the 400 pages equates to at least 50 hours of imaginational viewing and contemplation. More on that and more about tonight tomorrow!


Didn’t end up writing any more about that night, or that situation, but things went back to normal, so it’s all good!


Stay tuned for “Famous”.


Dale.

No comments: